At Sellwood Cycle Repair, we are deeply invested in both the immediate community that supports and keeps our shop going, as well as the larger Sellwood-Moreland community that surrounds the shop. From sponsoring cycling teams and individuals, to working within the Sellwood-Moreland neighborhood and larger Portland cycling community, the reverberations of Sellwood Cycle Repair are much grander than the confines of the shop.
- Team S & M: The official team of Sellwood Cycle Repair
- Les Femmes de S & M: The female division of Team S & M
- The Spokesmen: A Clark County Washington based cycling team focused mainly on cyclocross.
- Belgium Bike - Bio Racer: We team up with these amazing folks every year to put on the Barton Park Road Race!
- PDX Devo Jr. Cycling Team: Encouraging and guiding the next generation of bike racers!
- HCH - RPM Mortgage Cycling Team: A lean, mean, green, bike-racing machine.
- Grouptrail: A fine group of folks with an eye on networking, sustainability, and group bike rides.
- Coalition Racing Development: These folks like it dirty (That is not a metaphor)
- Lazy Tarantulas: A powerhouse of a team run by our friends Geoff & Gregg Rice.
- Steven Beardsley: A real speedy individual, who rides for HCH-RPM and coaches PDX Devo.
- Ross Kenney: A friend who embarked on a cross country tour and back upon his Kona Jake a few summer's back.
- Alice Pennington: A top finisher in whatever discipline, both locally and nationally.
- Luke Pennington: Alice’s younger brother. A legend in his own right, and quite the storyteller.
- Bobby Lemanski: Perhaps the biggest Green Bay Packers fan we know other than Tonkin himself.
- Sean Burles: A renaissance man of sorts, who races Super-D and cyclocross.
- Matt Picio: Another friend of the shop who embarked on a cross country tour aboard his Kona Sutra.
We provide support and donations to various organizations, schools, and groups. Here are a few of them:
- Bike Train PDX - An organization started by our friend Kiel Johnson, ensuring kids a safe, pre-planned, chaperoned, route to school via bike.
- NWTA: The Northwest Trail Alliance is a mountain bike advocacy group that provides new and enhanced mountain bike access and promotes responsible mountain biking on maintained and sustainable trails..
- BTA: The Bicycle Transportation Alliance is a key Oregon cycling advocacy group providing an important link between the everyday street users, public transportation, and major governing bodies.
- Public Interest Law Project - A division of the PILP, run through the Lewis & Clark Law School, assisting students and groups that provide legal help for the disadvantaged.
- Here are some of the Schools that we have supported: Llewelyn Elementary, St. Agatha Catholic School, Tucker-Maxon School, Cleveland High School, Richmond School PTA, Pacific Crest Community School, Duniway Elementary, Lee Owen Stone Preschool.
- Cross Crusade - Our local cyclocross series, which just happens to feature some of the most attended bicycle races in the world.
- Oregon Junior Cyclocross Series - A cyclocross series for serious youngsters.
- Bear Springs Trap - One of the best and most challenging MTB races of the year.
- Six Hours of Mt. Hood - A wonderful six hour MTB race, where you can choose to race as a team or hammer for 6 hours solo.
- Corn Cross
- Barton Park Circuit Race
- GP Series