At Sellwood Cycle Repair, we are deeply invested in both the immediate community that supports and keeps our shop going, as well as the larger Sellwood-Moreland community that surrounds the shop. From sponsoring cycling teams and individuals, to working within the Sellwood-Moreland neighborhood and larger Portland cycling community, the reverberations of Sellwood Cycle Repair are much grander than the confines of the shop.
- Team S & M: The official team of Sellwood Cycle Repair
- Les Femmes de S & M: The female division of Team S & M
- The Spokesmen: A Clark County Washington based cycling team focused mainly on cyclocross.
- Belgium Bike - Bio Racer: We team up with these amazing folks every year to put on the Barton Park Road Race!
- PDX Devo Jr. Cycling Team: Encouraging and guiding the next generation of bike racers!
- HCH - RPM Mortgage Cycling Team: A lean, mean, green, bike-racing machine.
- Grouptrail: A fine group of folks with an eye on networking, sustainability, and group bike rides.
- Coalition Racing Development: These folks like it dirty (That is not a metaphor)
- Lazy Tarantulas: A powerhouse of a team run by our friends Geoff & Gregg Rice.
- Steven Beardsley: A real speedy individual, who rides for HCH-RPM and coaches PDX Devo.
- Ross Kenney: A friend who embarked on a cross country tour and back upon his Kona Jake a few summer's back.
- Alice Pennington: A top finisher in whatever discipline, both locally and nationally.
- Luke Pennington: Alice’s younger brother. A legend in his own right, and quite the storyteller.
- Bobby Lemanski: Perhaps the biggest Green Bay Packers fan we know other than Tonkin himself.
- Sean Burles: A renaissance man of sorts, who races Super-D and cyclocross.
- Matt Picio: Another friend of the shop who embarked on a cross country tour aboard his Kona Sutra.
We provide support and donations to various organizations, schools, and groups. Here are a few of them:
- Bike Train PDX - An organization started by our friend Kiel Johnson, ensuring kids a safe, pre-planned, chaperoned, route to school via bike.
- NWTA: The Northwest Trail Alliance is a mountain bike advocacy group that provides new and enhanced mountain bike access and promotes responsible mountain biking on maintained and sustainable trails. Here are some great trail stewardship programs near you!
- BTA: The Bicycle Transportation Alliance is a key Oregon cycling advocacy group providing an important link between the everyday street users, public transportation, and major governing bodies.
- Public Interest Law Project - A division of the PILP, run through the Lewis & Clark Law School, assisting students and groups that provide legal help for the disadvantaged.
- Here are some of the Schools that we have supported: Llewelyn Elementary, St. Agatha Catholic School, Tucker-Maxon School, Cleveland High School, Richmond School PTA, Pacific Crest Community School, Duniway Elementary, Lee Owen Stone Preschool.
- Cross Crusade - Our local cyclocross series, which just happens to feature some of the most attended bicycle races in the world.
- Oregon Junior Cyclocross Series - A cyclocross series for serious youngsters.
- Bear Springs Trap - One of the best and most challenging MTB races of the year.
- Six Hours of Mt. Hood - A wonderful six hour MTB race, where you can choose to race as a team or hammer for 6 hours solo.
- Corn Cross
- Barton Park Circuit Race
- GP Series