At Sellwood Cycle Repair, we are deeply invested in both the immediate community that supports and keeps our shop going, as well as the larger Sellwood-Moreland community that surrounds the shop. From sponsoring cycling teams and individuals, to working within the Sellwood-Moreland neighborhood and larger Portland cycling community, the reverberations of Sellwood Cycle Repair are much grander than the confines of the shop.
- Team S & M: The official team of Sellwood Cycle Repair
- Team S & M CX: Our elite Women's CX Team
- Grouptrail: A fine group of folks with an eye on networking, sustainability, and group bike rides.
- Lazy Tarantulas: A powerhouse of a team run by our friends Geoff & Gregg Rice.
- Fast Fun Nice: The name says it all!
- Swift Racing: A veritable Care Bear of cycling enthusiasm
- Ranier Cycling: Always riding "Sponsor Correct".
- CBCG (Chris Bagg Coaching Group)
We provide support and donations to various organizations, schools, and groups. Here are a few of them:
- NWTA: The Northwest Trail Alliance is a mountain bike advocacy group that provides new and enhanced mountain bike access and promotes responsible mountain biking on maintained and sustainable trails. Here are some great trail stewardship programs near you!
- The Street Trust: The Street Trust is a key Oregon cycling advocacy group providing an important link between the everyday street users, public transportation, and major governing bodies.
- Here are some of the Schools that we have supported: Llewelyn Elementary, Cleveland High School, Pacific Crest Community School, Duniway Elementary, Lewis Elementary School, Puddletown Montessori School, Sellwood Middle School, Cleveland High School.
- Bridge City Cyclocross
- CycloCross Crusade - Our local cyclocross series, which just happens to feature some of the most attended bicycle races in the world.
- Oregon Junior Cyclocross Series - A cyclocross series for serious youngsters.
- Bear Springs Trap - One of the best and most challenging MTB races of the year.
- Six Hours of Mt. Hood - A wonderful six hour MTB race, where you can choose to race as a team or hammer for 6 hours solo.
- Ski Bowl Classic XC
- Corn Cross I & II
- Barton Park Circuit Race