- What are your store hours?
- Why aren't you open on Mondays?
- How much is a tune-up?
- How soon will my bike repair be done?
- How do I search for bicycles for sale?
- What size bicycle do I need?
- What is your consignment policy?
- What are your consignment rates?
- How do you process used bikes?
- Is there a warranty on the used bicycles?
- Do you guys ship?
- What about financing?
- We are open Tuesday-Saturday, 10 AM - 6 PM
- We need a day to ride bikes too! Call it "product testing".
- All of our repair work is "al la carte" so you don't have to pay for any work that your bike doesn't need. We check over each bike one-by-one and give you a list of repairs your bike is due to receive. We'll go through that list with you personally from most important to least important allowing you to decide which repairs you would like to have done. It makes more sense to us than charging a blanket rate, and saves you money if your bike doesn't need that much work
- Our turnaround time varies from week to week. It's best to call ahead and ask how far out we're scheduling appointments, or stop in and ask in person the when you're in the neighborhood. You will be given an exact date when you schedule your repair work, and we'll give you a phone call when it's all done!
- You can browse new and used bikes, frames, and parts here.
- You can pinpoint your search by using the searchbar or categories on the left side of the page.
If you are unsure of your bicycle frame size, this chart will help get you started.
|Rider Height (ft/in)||Bicycle size(cm)||Bicycle size(in)||Bicycle size(size)|
This is only an estimation of bicycle frame size based on rider height. Please call, email us, or come in to the shop and we will help you find your size.
- An in-depth list of all Consignment Policies can be found here.
- Bicycles must be “bike shop quality” and in good working order. Sellwood Cycle Repair reserves the right to decline a consignment.
- Serial numbers of bicycles and frames will be run through the City of Portland’s “NWRAPID” program. The seller’s driver’s license is required.
- Per city code, consigned bikes and frames must remain on site for a two weeks. After that period, the seller retains the right to end the consignment and to pick up the item.
- Per city code, seller cannot be paid or given credit until the end of the two week period.
- Listing prices are agreed upon by SCR and the seller.
- SCR assumes responsibility for the bicycle while on consignment.
- An in-depth list of all Consignment Pricing and Policies can be found here.
- There is a $25 fee associated with the processing of each bike, which we collect upon intake.
- For items selling for $100 and up, the rate is 60% to the seller paid as a check OR 70% paid as store credit.
- For items selling for less than $100, the rate will be 50% to the seller. Preferably paid as store credit only.
- Bike industry employees receive a rate of 70% for items $100 and up.
- All used serialized bicycles being sold on consignment in the city of Portland must go through a mandatory 14 day hold period.
- The City of Portland Police maintain a computerized database of bicycle serial numbers that have been reported stolen.
- Sellwood Cycle Repair sends all bicycle serial numbers to the City of Portland Police to check against their list of bicycles reported stolen.
- There is no explicit warranty on used bicycles.
- We check all used bicycles to be sure they are in good working order before we put them up for sale.
- In some cases, the bikes we sell need repair work. This is done before the bike is available for sale and the repairs are guaranteed.
- If you have an issue with a used bicycle that you purchased from us, please call us and let us know. We are reasonable and can always figure out a solution.
- We sell and ship bicycles and bicycle parts all over the world.
- Call us for a shipping quote or e-mail us. Please include your shipping address in the e-mail.
We don't offer financing on bicycles directly at the shop, but we do recommend the following options. These are local Credit Unions and each of them have an online application. We hope this help!